How to Find Your Rising Sign or Ascendant
Your rising sign is the sector of the sky that was on the horizon at the moment you were born, as such it is probably the most sensitive point in your chart. We astrologers just love getting things exact and the ascendant moves every four minutes, so it’s pretty exact.
I recommend people read the horoscope for their sun but also their rising sign. If you don’t know yours, Astro.com is a great resource for finding it.
You’ll need the following information: date of birth, place of birth, and, most importantly, time of birth. Go to the following webpage and select “Extended Chart Selection” at the bottom right section of the page.
- Select the bar which says “Click here to show the chart,” which is to the right and above the “Options” area of the page.
- You should find yourself at another page. Select “Click here to go directly to data entry page.”
- You’ll be taken to the data entry page. Enter your birth data and click on “Continue.”
- Your natal chart with the positions will appear. At the upper left, look for the information in red text. Your rising sign appears after the word “Ascendant.”
- You can print the chart if you like, too.